NRPST regulates the translating profession in the UK. We are an independent, voluntary public interest body and our core role is to ensure standards within the profession are consistently maintained for the benefit of the public, the public purse and translators.
Our core duties are:
- Developing and maintaining the UK Register of Public Service Translators
- Recognising the qualifications needed to become a professional public service translator
- Ensuring registered translators meet the standards for professional conduct and practice
- Investigating complaints about a translator's conduct or competence
- Promoting the role of the Regulator and the importance of registration to ensure understanding of added value to the profession and society
NRPST is a not-for-profit organisation funded entirely by the registration fees paid by translators to register and remain on the Register.
Keeping up to date with NRPST
The users of translation services, up to date with developments at NRPST, best professional practice advice and changes in the public sector's approach to language services
NRPST provides a number of regular communications to keep both translators and the users of translation services up to date with developments at NRPST, best professional practice advice and changes in the public sector's approach to language services:
- Anyone can sign up to receive our general email newsletter by clicking on the ‘My Account’ box above and registering (for free) as a Website User and selecting to receive newsletters.
- NRPST Registrants will receive a monthly newsletter containing important information about their registration as well as professional updates.
- Aspirants will receive information regarding obtaining qualifications and becoming registered.
- A LinkedIn Group, reserved for NRPST Registrants, is dedicated to translation issues.
For all media enquiries, contact Nina Croad, Communications Consultant at NEO:
Owner and operator of the National Registers: NRPST and NRPSI
a not-for-profit organisation
Registered in England No. 7585982
Registered Office: Star House, Star Hill, Rochester, Kent ME1 1UX
VAT Reg. No. 112744245
Registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (reference Z2782121)
NRPSI Ltd is a member of the Professional Associations Research Network.